Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kicklines in my belly make me happy

Totally forgot to post about my 16 week ultrasound on Saturday (8/21)!

So, first I had to drink the glucola drink to get my early glucose screening. Sort of tasty, but then, I was really thirsty after fasting for an hour. I got to the lab 50 minutes after drinking it, knowing I had an hour (exactly) to get the blood draw. I won't go into it all, but this particular lab needs to be mystery shopped the hell out of, because their customer service was a-trooooo-ciouuuuuus. 15 minutes of me yelling and crying and sweating later (not to mention walking over to the doc's office across the hall, twice) they finally got my lab orders and sent me in. THEN the lady has the gall to snap, "You haff a ten-minute window. So you haff nothink to worry about." Let's try that once again with tact, shall we? At least she was a really good phlebotomist (even though she yelled at me for haffing bad veins). Very gentle and no pain or bruising. So THAT will also go in the report I send to Management. Gotta be fair!

Seeing the baby on the ultrasound screen made up for it completely. All that sugar water made Baby Avocado daaaaance! Kicking and bouncing up a storm. I could feel the kicks while I watched them. Colby was with me and got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was a bit overwhelming for us both.

Had a hard time getting Avo to show us the "goods" but Kathy the U/S Technician said she's 80-90% sure it's a ..... _______(???)
 

Baby Avocado did a little shuffle-off-to-Buffalo dance step across my belly button last night and then proceeded to try to kick a hole out of my right side. :) Too small to feel it on the outside yet, though. So cute!

1 comment:

A Darley said...

So you do know the baby's sex and you're just not telling us, or you're still going for the surprise element too?! :) Either way - so exciting! Sounds like this baby's born to be a tap dancer...