Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Week 16: Holy Moly, Avocado Baby!

So it's week 16 (actually, tomorrow is) and my baby is an Avocado! 4.5 inches and 3.5 ounces. Its eyes are almost in place and it's growing toenails!

Apparently it's going to double in weight over the next few weeks. Every time I whine or complain about how I feel, Colby always holds me gently and whispers in my ear, "It's gonna get so much worse."

I'm starting to think about registering for baby items, but it's so overwhelming. I saw a convertible crib that can change to a toddler bed and a full size bed, but the reviews online are mixed.

Our 2nd bedroom is too furniture-filled now, but we talked about putting Baby in the dining room at first, so we can be within eyesight in our bed. Also, because AVOCADOS ARE DELICIOUS!

I bought a Boppy full body pillow last night. It's weirdly shaped like a gigantic embryo. It wasn't as nestle-y cozy as I'd hoped, but  I will say, I got the best night of sleep I've had since I've been pregnant! so I say it was $60 well spent. Hopefully that wasn't just a coincidence.

Colby and I need a get-away really badly. Now that I'm feeling better and it's still summer-ish, hopefully we'll be able to do that while it's Still Just Us.

No comments: