Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baby Dream

I'd been annoyed that I hadn't had any dreams about Baby yet, or its gender or anything. But this morning I had the cutest dream (albeit a little bit "on the nose"). I was looking at myself in a full length mirror, naked, and I looked AMAZING. Skinny legs, perky breasts, and the tiniest hint of a baby bump. You know, the exact opposite of how I actually look.

I saw this little protrusion in my bump and upon closer inspection, it was a perfect little one-inch foot (much larger than a 15w foot would be) sticking out. I poked back and it flipped and then I saw its face, looking at me like through a fishbowl. Its face was perfect, like a 6 month old child's face, eyes open, looking at me, smiling, full head of hair, dimples, beautiful. I fumbled for my camera and took some shots. The flash made Baby flinch, and I said I was sorry.

I said, "Hi, Baby! It's Mommy!" and the baby said, "Hi, Mommy!" I asked if it was a boy or a girl. He looked down and then said, "I'm a boy!" We played the poke-and-flip game for a while and then I said, "This is hurting me a little. Can we watch TV for a while?" He said, "OK. What's on?" I said it was a Mel Gibson action movie, and he said, "That sounds GREAT!" He talked just like his daddy, but with a little child voice. :)

2 comments:

A Darley said...

That is so cool/a little weird! I mean, you've got a human growing inside of you! This is so fascinating for me (I haven't been around pregnant women that much) and also because I'm not sure it's for me, so I will live vicariously through you! Don't forget to put big headphones on your belly and play it some rockin' Beethoven or something :)

JenLCB said...

I need to get my CDs out of storage so I can play all my showtunes for the little avocado!

And I know what you mean about the weirdness of it. I haven't felt it kick or move yet, and when I think about it, it sort of freaks me out!