Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Week 14: Easy peezy, lemon baby!

So at 14 weeks (as of Thursday), my baby is apparently grimacing, stretching, and peeing inside me. It's 3.5 inches long, about the size of a lemon. A squinting, grimacing, peeing lemon.



This morning (Saturday) I woke up and was feeling my gigantic bump and above my belly button I felt a little hard lump. It's not there now, so I can only imagine it was the little one pushing its little foot out at me.

THERE'S SOMETHING INSIDE ME.

I thought at 14 weeks, it should still be below my belly button... that's where they find the heartbeat on the Doppler... but now I don't know. I'm carrying an awful lot of Bump in the upper part of the belly, and it's definitely hard. Very mysterious things going on in there.

The good news is I've only gained 3 pounds in my first trimester. If I can keep it to one pound a week, I'll be super pleased.

Colby is cleaning the bathroom now, as we have prospective buyers looking at the house this evening. The house is cleaner than it's been since I moved back in this spring. Great motivator!

2 comments:

Sue J Who said...

Don't make yourself too crazy worrying about your weight gain. There is a lot of variation in what is "normal" and "healthy" for each woman. It definitely isn't a time for serious dieting!! If you balance eating what tastes good or you have tastes for (or the baby has tastes for) and some healthy food, you will be okay.
As for feeling the hard bump that is not there later, I'd guess that probably is the baby moving around. Right now it is small enough that I imagine the baby can do flips and jumps like being on a trampoline!!! LOL! It could be a butt or head you were feeling, too!! LOL!

Pauline said...

Jen, I'm so happy for you and Colby! I'll be praying for you and I'm glad you are doing this blog so I can snoop!
Hugs, Mom/Pauline