Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 25: A Series of Unfortunate Test Results

This week, Sarra is a Rutabaga! 13" long and 1.5 lbs, approximately. She's getting more hair, and if we could see inside, she'd have her own hair's color and texture now, not just the white Fetus Hair she had before.

On Saturday, October 23, I got my glucose screening, TSH, and iron bloodwork drawn. On Monday, October 25, I got my test results back.
  • Failed the glucose screening. 3-hour glucose tolerance test scheduled for Monday, November 1.
  • Borderline anemia. Iron rich diet recommendations sent.
  • Underactive thyroid. Thyroid meds upped.
  • UTI infection. Antibiotics prescribed.
I also had a horrible cold with coughing so bad I thought I'd broken a rib, and didnt' sleep for an entire weekend. Took 2 sick days in a row (Friday and Monday), which I never do. OB prescribed cough syrup with codeine. I took it one night and slept 5 blissful hours in a row. But I felt weird taking codeine with a baby inside, so I only took it the one night. Robitussin will do.

On the up side, I did a 1/2 hour survey for Kindermusik's new website and got a $50 Mario Tricoci gift card for my time!! Yay, half a haircut!! See you in a couple months, Amelia!

Special thanks to Miss Cathy for cluing me in to Kindermusik! One day I may even sign up to be a teacher! Combining my love of Musik and Kinder!

No comments: