Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 24: Our Little Footlong!

I'm kind of over the fruit analogies to the baby's size, so I'm going with a footlong reference. Mmmm... hotdogs...

Sarra apparently now has fingernails and toenails, and is basically fully proportioned. Her hearing and inner ears are developed so I'm trying to talk to her more. She's most active later at night when I'm done on the computer and just relaxing in front of the TV. I think she feels more neglected then and wants to make sure we know she's still there. Last night Colby felt two massively strong kicks and that satisfied him for the evening.

I'm starting to picture what sort of a mom I'll be... What sort of disciplinarian will I be? How temperamental and headstrong will she be? Will I be a good diaperer?

Colby and I are signed up for all the baby classes so we're looking forward to those. Hopefully his work schedule won't be affected. Our first is a Lamaze class, starting November 22. This is going to get real: real fast!

I've gained a total of 20 lbs which my doctors and nurses all say is just right for being 24 weeks. I am hoping to keep it to 1 lb a week from here on out.

This week's craving: Mexican food. I had Taco Bell Wednesday night and Chipotle Thursday (1/2 burrito for lunch and the rest for dinner). This morning Colby bought ingredients for me to make salsa, and I'll probably go to Tacos El Norte for a couple tacos.

I wonder why I have heartburn all the time lately?
 BabyFruit Ticker

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I hear ya on the mexican food!! I'm craving some taco soup currently.