Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week 22: Oh, My Papaya!


Baby Girl is the size of a papya this week. Mmmm.... delicious papaya!

She weighs about a pound of feisty activity and according to one site, she's as long as a bag of Oreos (I think I'll have 3) and as heavy as a large bag of tortilla chips. Which sounds like dinner to me.

She has long, strong legs and big ol' feet that I can feel poking out every once in a while. I had a dream weeks and weeks ago that I was playing the Poking Game with my baby, where she would poke her foot out my belly and I'd push it back inside. Now we're playing it, for real!

Our little Thumper is loving music a lot, I can tell. We were watching "Glee" on Tuesday night. The big Britney Spears episode. And she was kicking up a storm during every musical number. The first one, I put my hand on my bare belly and felt her from the outside! I'd felt her from the outside last week for the first time, but this time, Colby was sitting next to me. I grabbed his hand and put it on my belly. We sat there silently for a few seconds and I felt a good thump. I said quietly, "Did you feel that?" and he said, with surprise and stunned delight, "I did!" and we both giggled.

Monday night and Wednesday night this week I rehearsed for the Big Deal Cabaret benefit I'm singing in next Monday night, and she was dancing along with the music then too.

She also especially loves to play bouncy castle on my bladder, as well as whatever side I happen to be (trying to) sleep on at night.

I've gotten to 22 weeks, which is a few days longer than I got with Esther Virginia, and my last check-up revealed that the cerclage is holding just fine. I go in every 2 weeks to get that checked, but I'm taking great care of myself and Sarrazine, so I feel very confident and happy and excited and optimistic!

No comments: