Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 19: Thumbs up from doctor (and Baby!)

Wasn't feeling quite "right" on Thursday, so called the nurse. She and the doc in the office were concerned enough to call me in immediately to check me out. When another nurse took my weight, she said, "So, we think your water broke?"
Um. Do we?

Doc took a sample to check for amniotic fluid, and came back in moments later to gave me the Thumbs Up (also some cold water and a cup of M&Ms!) and let me cry it out in the exam room until the ultrasound room was ready. :)

Everything's A-OK, Mom!
I was called in for my ultrasound, so... bonus pictures! My fluid level was perfect, baby looked perfect, and the tech (Kathy) confirmed 100% she's a girl. So our little baby is named Sarrazine Michelle!

She was VERY active (maybe from the M&Ms), waving her arms in the air and kicking and stretching her long legs like crazy. Got some good pics, but my favorite was the last one the tech took.... Sarra was giving me the THUMBS UP! :)

The tech said, "OK. Now that makes me cry."
At least right now, Sarra has slightly longer legs than average
(and a slightly larger noggin. I said, "That's to fit in all her brains!")
According to BabyCenter.com, at 19 weeks, Sarra is the size of a large heirloom tomato. The ultrasound revealed she is on target for 19 weeks, maybe a little over (she's got long legs and a slightly large head.... oh, joy.)
 
But she's starting to be able to hear, so I've been singing more to her. However, I think she's going to think that Carolyn McCormick is her mommy, because I've been listening to "The Hunger Games" trilogy on CD for the past few weeks, non-stop.



Our little drama queen is giving the "Woe is me!" arm across her forehead.
I'll be singing more often now that I'm going to perform in two cabarets this fall... one in Buffalo Grove (Monday, October 4), and one in Deerfield (at Kevin's Place Diner, Friday & Saturday, October 29 & 30).

That's right. I just plugged my gigs on my baby blog.
A Profile in Baby

No comments: