Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week 21: Our Little Acrobat

I was scheduled for my "big" ultrasound (20 week gender and anatomy scan) for today, but due to my suspected problem a couple weeks ago, and my Level 2 ultrasound that happened to be scheduled for the following week, I really wasn't "entitled" to this ultrasound. But because this is the one where they tell you to bring a DVD in to record video, the techician gave me a "freebie"! WE LOVE HER!

All the measurements are exactly average (57% actually, so just slightly above average in terms of size) and once again, Sarrazine was an active little girl. I had only had about 1/3 a cup of McDonald's orange juice along with my Egg McMuffin, but honestly, she doesn't need much sugar to get her going.

I'm going to try to include the video below... at about 3:09 she appears to be sucking her thumb, or at least resting her hand on her face. At 6:00 the scan settles in to see a "baby," not just body parts and organs. And at about 7:00, she starts to TURN A SOMERSAULT. She ends up facing downward and puts her arm in in a "Rosie the Riveter" pose. At 8:00 she moons us, and then proceeds to try to kick her way out.

Oh, she's a cutie!


Last night I made beef stew in the new crock pot. Colby said it was too much and maybe he should be put in charge of future meals. It gave me new respect and sympathy for my mom, trying to cook for us ungrateful kids all those years. But he ate 3 helpings between then and today and I had 2. It's good stuff and will keep for a while in the freezer. When we're ready for red meat again, I'm going to make noodles with it. It was SO GOOD.

I also made apple crisp tonight. So I am determined to become a domestic goddess mama.

No comments: