Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

5 weeks, 3 days: Happy St Patrick's Day!

Sarra had an eventful day. First walk in the stroller around the neighborhood, first "successful" immersion bath (trick was to put a towel under her and a towel over her to keep her warm as the water was going on her. She was fascinated by it and gave me this look of wonderment as I was pouring it on her. She was like, "Why, Mother, I've never felt such a sensation! I did not know it was possible to feel such bliss and contentment!"), and first St. Patrick's Day. We didn't do too many photo ops because by the time we'd get the camera, she was already crying.

She had kind of a "hungry" day. I wasn't producing much milk for some reason (maybe sleep deprivation and dehydration with a little stress thrown in), so it was frustrating for all of us. Luckily I had 14 ounces of milk stockpiled from my Indiana trip. We're down to 9 ounces now.

Tomorrow's trip to Indiana will be very interesting and I hope we didn't forget anything crucial. My hope is that she will sleep for the entire 4 hour trip and I won't have to feed or diaper her on the road. Something about diapering a baby in a rest area just icks me out. We brought several "puppy pads" to lay her on, so hopefully that'll suffice. Plus, the immunities she's getting from breast milk will hopefully ward off any nasties lurking on the changing stations.

I'm very excited to see some family members on Sunday for her baptism! I'm praying that Msgr John Kuzmich will be available to do the baptism. Mom always said I was the first baby he baptized at St. Vincent. I'm mad I don't have pictures... they're all in storage.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and Sarra is the star! I'm sure her baptism will be a wonderful family event for all of you. My only wish is that we could move Indiana closer so I could be there!!!
Good luck with the drive. I have done both bf and diaper changing in a car just to avoid the germy rest areas!!! I'm sure you will figure out how to handle whatever comes up. Just hang on to your sense of humor and you will all do fine! After all, you have to have lots of "new mommy & daddy" stories to tell Sarra when she gets older! LOL!
-Sue.