Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

5 weeks, 2 days: The Milk Lady Cometh

First favorite moment of my life: the first skin-to-skin contact with Sarra and she stopped crying and opened her eyes in recognition at my voice.

Second favorite moment of my life: Watching her wake up after a 24 hour separation (my day trip to Indiana) and seeing her face light up in a huge smile instead of crying like she usually does when she wakes up. It was like, "Oh! The Milk Lady didn't leave forever!"

Speaking of, I managed about 16 ounces total expressed on my trip, plus I would imagine around 3 oz at her 7:30 a.m. feeding before I left for Indiana, so that's not too bad. Colby had to feed her about 8 oz. of formula, but I'd had 8 oz of milk already stockpiled in the fridge, which fed her until evening.

Her poop this morning was very dry and hard to wipe off, but we should be formula-free from now on, if all goes well and I can keep my supply up! I had left my More Milk Plus capsules at home, so all that was just me!

No comments: