Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 29: Thumper has a face!

So I'm 29 weeks today, with 11 weeks to go!

I haven't been feeling the baby move as often or in the same place as I had up until last week so the OB decided to have me come in a week early for my 30 week ultrasound (I'm 29w today).

Power to the People!
Turns out she's breech with her little feet jammed into my crotch, kicking and wiggling her toes against my cervix and bladder, just as I'd suspected. We actually saw the little punk's toes WIGGLING against my bladder. But seeing it on the screen made me feel so much better somehow. Her head is above my belly button to the right and her back is to the left of my belly button, so her hands are moving around but not in place where I can feel them anymore. Plus she's getting bigger so has less room to jab.

Our Apple Cheeked Beauty
I was surprised at how clear the u/s pictures were of her face! She has these chubby little cheeks and in one of the pics, she appeared to be smiling!! She was breathing, and she balled up her hand into a fist, which the u/s tech said were all good signs that she wasn't in any distress at all. Colby and I were crying and sniffling.

She's measuring a week ahead, with a big head and belly, so she's gonna be a chunky monkey. She's at about 3 lbs, 7 oz now and I think the tech said the projected weight at birth would be about 9 lbs. I was only 6 lbs when I was born, but Colby's a lot taller than me, so I think she's getting my bulk and his height.

 I just hope she spins around in the next few weeks. I want a natural birth!!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I have to say that (the second photo) is probably the best 3D shot I've seen. She looks adorable and I love her chubby little cheeks! I hope she decides to flip soon, I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be to be constantly getting kicked in the bladder and "down there."

JenLCB said...

The crazy thing is, it's not even a 3D ultrasound picture! Oddly, she seems to have moved around a bit this afternoon because I haven't felt those "down there" kicks, and she was rolling all over my midsection much of the early evening. Not sure if she's head-side-down yet, but she actually listened to me and is doing what I asked, the little pistol!