Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 28: In which Thumper takes up jack hammering

On Friday, 11/12, I was feeling pretty well until the early afternoon when I started feeling some extra pressure and thuds about as low as it can be. Because the baby usually was kicking semi-regularly around my belly button, this struck me as unusual.

I went home a little early and lay down on the couch. I was still feeling these tremendous spasms in my bladder and cervix and it was making me cry out a little. I went to bed but after several "dead baby" dreams I decided to call the doctor on-call at 3:00 a.m. She was asleep but called me back 1/2 hour later, saying it sounded like the baby was breech and was just kicking me really low. Because of my history, she said I should at least come in to the office to be checked out, but offered to call the ER if I wanted to come in right away. I decided to hold off a few hours because I was starting to feel some flutters in the belly button region and presumed that was her hands.

The Doc saw me at 10:30 and he said the baby was just low, and that now might be the time to start thinking about bed rest. He wrote me a letter for work, advising me to reduce my work hours if that's affordable to me, but said I could play it by ear. He recommended bed rest and bon bons for the rest of the weekend.

I watched the first 2 seasons of "Weeds" on Netflix and by Monday I was feeling better. I worked a little more than a half day at the office and the remaining couple of hours from home. Tuesday I worked a full day but have been feeling jack-hammered again this morning, so I should probably head home soon.

2 comments:

A Darley said...

That little Sarra is ornery! Make sure you get lots of rest :) I've heard Weeds is really good! A friend of mine is watching it while we're in France.

JenLCB said...

Weeds is awesome! I had resisted watching it because I'm prejudiced against pot, but the show is really well written and acted.