Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Week 33: My Ducky Pineapple

The average baby at 33 weeks weighs 4 or 5 pounds (the size of a pineapple, or a duck) and is about 17 inches long. Our sweet little baby girl is in the 85th percentile, so she may be a little bigger than that. When she's up against my belly button and her daddy makes me laugh (which is often) I can watch my belly button go back and forth from innie to outie like a pen cap.

I'm going on full bed rest starting on Monday, due to my increased pain and inability to walk without doubling over. I'm mostly fine at home but at the office, it's too much. Plus the weight of the baby is putting pressure on my cerclage and as my doc said, "We've invested too much time and effort into this pregnancy to stop taking care of things now."

Baby Girl, I love you very much and it makes me feel so happy to know that even if you were born today, you'd have excellent NICU care and most likely be able to come home with us in a few weeks. But please wait at least another 4 weeks or so. We'll see you soon, Ducky!

No comments: