Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 07, 2011

Day 1: Sarrazine Caesarean

My precious baby second-chance, Sarrazine Michelle, was born via C-section on 2/7/11, at 4:25 p.m. Started out at 7:00 a.m. being induced, 4 days after my due date. Pitocin at 8:30, water broken at 9:00. Contractions intensified quidkly and I asked for an epidural at 12:00. I was dilated to 6cm and 80% effaced but stayed that way for 3 hours with no porgression. Baby remained at -2 station despite increasingly painful contractions even with the epi. Baby's heart rate went into deceleration and they had to do an amnioinfusion. Finally at 3:00 the doctor said that with no progression, we'd need to do a c-section. He offered me another hour but I knew in my heart it was pointless, so I agreed to the C.

I felt some sharp pains and the epi was increased until they were just gettingt her out. It hurt BAD, but the doctor told me it would be over in 10 seconds. Four seconds later I felt a flock of seagulls fly out of my belly and I heard a baby crying. It took me a moment to realize what the sound was. The doctor estimated her at 11 pounds, but she was "only" 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22" long. No wonder I was so uncomfortable these last few weeks!

She's just about perfect and we couldn't be more proud.

No comments: