Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 39: Baby wants OUT

At my 39 week check up on Friday, the non-stress test went well. Sarrazine was active and healthy, the nurse said. Dr. Dominicis checked my cervix but I was only dilated 1-2 cm. He said that because the baby is measuring large, and my blood pressure has been elevated the past few visits, he doesn't want to go past 40 weeks. So he said to come in on Monday (Jan 31) and we'll "discuss the next steps."

So in the next 14 hours or so, I will be finding out approximately when (and how) I'll be seeing my baby girl!!! I had it in my head I didn't want any inteventions if I could help it... induction, epidural, etc., because they can chain react into needing a C section. He did mention the "very, very small risk" that her shoulders could get stuck. But he mentioned this like 3 times, which was almost enough to make me say, "Let's just pick a date for a C section right now and be done with it."

I wish there were a way they could somehow measure your pelvis and just know whether you'll make it or not.

So to make matters even more complicated, a blizzard is due to hit Chicago tomorrow and snow for the next three days. I am wondering if he will say, let's get you checked in today and start the induction now, or if he'll let me wait until Thursday when the snow has stopped. I am feeling now like I may not go into labor this week and that induction will be necessary.


Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and she was trying to kick her way out with both feet! Weird feeling and I wish I'd had my Flip on me at the time.

I'm so sore and tired and very ready to have her in my arms, rather than my belly. We love her so much already, and can't wait to see what she looks like and what her personality is. We hope she loves us as much as we love her!

No comments: