Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 9: Visit from Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Megan

Colby's folks and sister came to visit us today from Indiana. They helped a lot and I got a couple solid naps in. They brought us lunch and dinner and I had some healthy food. I need to remember to eat.

Colby's dad loves to take pictures and took lots and lots of our baby girl. I've posted them on my Facebook page.

This is one of my favorites.



Colby's baby photo. I think I see the resemblance!
His dad brought a thumb drive with his baby pictures so we can compare. I wish my baby albums weren't in storage in Downers Grove. I want to see if she looks as much like my baby pictures as I seem to remember. Especially the one my mom and I always called the "Archie Bunker Picture."

Been trying to build up my milk supply but only managed 1 ounce total at 3 pumpings, and about 1/2 ounce at my last one (although I think she got more from her initial feeding at that one than before). I don't quite understand how it all works but it's painful. Thanks to my lactation consult yesterday, it's getting less painful. But it's easier to latch when there's more to give, and I'm not sure the pumping is helping yet. They called to follow up this afternoon and said it takes about 48 hours for the pumping to really start helping, so I have until tomorrow morning before I start feeling nervous.

Colby and I got the diaper rash ointment for Sarra and hopefully it will help. I think it's looking better since Saturday, now that we're using warm water and cotton balls. Would have been nice to have known this to begin with, but I never took the time to read "What To Expect: The First Year" before she was born, and now it's all I can do to keep on top of her feedings.

I was doing well with the every-two-hour feedings the pediatrician recommended, but then I realized it was too exhausting. I have been trying to do every 3 hours, which still gives 8 feedings a day. Hoping tomorrow I'll have plenty to feed her with and we will get into a routine of making formula to supplement her and washing the pump components.

Colby and I ate dinner together and watched "Survivor: Redemption Island" premiere tonight in the bedroom while his family played with the baby. Best Date Night Ever!

1 comment:

A Darley said...

I see the resemblence too! So happy for you guys!