Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 38: C'mon out of the oven, Little Turkey!

So, at last week's NST (Non-Stress Test, where they measure the baby's heartbeat and I mark every time I feel her move, so they can see if her heartrate increases when she moves), they thought the baby was inverse breech (sideways) and I think they were right. They set up an ultrasound for t his week to confirm, and if she was still breech, they were going to schedule a Caesarean. (Colby was going to call her Sarrazine Caesarean).

I had the ultrasound on Tuesday and she is head down (I’d gotten lots of advice from nurses and other mamas on how to turn her, and apparently they worked!) so they didn’t schedule anything, but they did remove the stitch. And oh, did that hurt. I’m still pretty sore. Plus I’m feeling my cervix doing weird things now, so it’s only a matter of time… I’m 38 weeks today, but she’s measuring 2 weeks ahead. Now would be a good time for her to come, the doctors all say, but I haven’t felt any contractions yet. My belly button is sticking out, so I think that means she's fully cooked!


So, other than only getting 2 crappy ultrasound pictures (it's too crowded in there now for the pictures to turn out), it was a great office visit... very relieved to have dodged the C bullet, at least for now. I am still prepared to need one if the baby is just too big, or whatever, but I am still so scared of the epidural (after my experience getting the cerclage put in) that I really hope I don't have to go that route again.

I''m officially off bed rest, but my muscles are so weak from lack of exercise since June, that just walking from the parking lot to the inside of the mall is exhausting! :) There definitely needs to be more Expectant Mother spaces in this town.
 
Anyway, so I am finally able to fulfill my Nesting instinct. Colby put together a bunch of stackable storage cubicles and bought some fabric draws to fit in them, and I've been going through clothes, toys, and various baby accessories we've been given, and organizing the heck out of the place. I also sold a bunch of Mary Kay products at wholesale, just to clean out my inventory and give myself a little more space, as well as to get back a little bit of money. When the baby is a little older, I'll replenish my inventory, and will continue to place orders for people as requested in the meantime.
 
So let me know if you need anything! :)

No comments: